MosaicMill converts standard SLR cameras to capture CIR images in order to create NDVI. The converted cameras are reconfigured and calibrated to optimize image quality.
Cameras have two alternatives: 2-band (NIR, RED) narrow band version or 3 band (NIR, RED, Green) version. 2-band version is recommended for NDVI mapping while 3-band version is better for CIR mapping without need for exact NDVI measurements.
Optionally the same camera can be used also to capture both band combination versions as well as original RGB bands.
Images can be postprocessed with standard GIS software or with MosaicMill Agri tools to have pure NIR, RED and GREEN bands. Currently we offer e.g. these converted models:
- Nikon D810 36 Mpix sensor, recommended lens Nikkor 50mm/1.4G.
- Sony a6000, 24 Mpix sensor, recommended lens Sony 20mm/2.8G.
- Sony a7r II, 42 Mpix sensor, recommended lens Zeiss 35/2.8
- Canon 6D, 21 Mpix sensor, recommended lens Canon 50mm/1.4.
- Canon 5DS, 51 Mpix sensor, recommended lens Canon 50mm/1.4.
As an option, MosaicMill provides Agri tools - package for creating reflectance images and to calculate true NDVI. Please check pages "Reflectance targets" and "EnsoMOSAIC Agri".
Sample data sets of CIR cameras
- Canon 6D, 8 images, RAW and TIFF, Finland 0.7 GB
- Canon 6D, 1 image, RAW and TIFF, Australia 130 mB
- Sony a6000, 15 images, RAW and TIFF, Finland, 3 GB
- Sony a6000, 23 images, RAW and TIFF, Barcelona, 4 GB
- Sony a6000, 1 images in different formats, Barcelona, 0.5 GB
- Nikon D800 E, 1 images in different formats, South America, 0.6 GB